[Bf-committers] NURBS

Emmanuel Stone emmanuel.stone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:10:41 CET 2006

On 2/18/06, Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> wrote:
> What happened to the NURBS code?. Any way to check out and use this
> code?. Any where to read about plans for inclusion or any place to
> follow development?.

I am still working on NURBS in Blender, but unfortunately things are
progressing very very slowly. I have been very busy with university
and also my laptop died recently, which has left me without a
computer. Hopefully at some point soon I will have both the time and
hardware to work properly on libNurbana again. However at the current
rate it will realistically probably be several months before i make
much more progress.

The code is available in my soc branch on cvs. "soc-blender -t eman".
but has not been synched to blender-HEAD for a month or so (it does
not contain any orangey code). The currently functionality is similar
to the old NURBS code in Blender, but it uses the new libNurbana
backend.

I am determined to eventually tie up all the loose ends of this
project, and I believe that the bulk of the hard work is mostly done,
it's just a pity that it's taking so long. If anybody would like to
volunteer to help then please do, as I would love to see new useful
NURBS functionality in Blender sooner rather than later.

-eman