[Bf-committers] Fluidsim IPO implementation

Nils Thuerey nils at thuerey.de
Fri Feb 17 17:11:30 CET 2006

Hello everyone,

I just would like to get some comments on the IPO implementation, which
is part of the stuff I would like to check in soon (the moving objects
support among other things)... As it affects quite some of the IPO
source files, I thought I'd better describe what I did, before checking
it in :)

As there are quite some parameters to animate, I added a new IPO type
(similar to e.g. the world or sequence ones) that is shown once an
object is enabled for the fluidsim. So I basically copied this from the
existing implementations - added the necessary arrays, defines, make_ipo
function etc. The IPO is stored as part of the fluidsim settings struct
- this is a point I'm not so sure about. There's a new ID for the
fluidsim, but the fluidsim struct currently isnt registered in the
library. So for loading the IPO, i do:
ob->fluidsimSettings->ipo = newlibadr_us(fd, ob->id.lib,
ob->fluidsimSettings->ipo) ,
using the object id.lib - I hope thats not a problem. So far it seems to
work fine. Maybe someone knows if this sounds reasonable, otherwise I'll
just check it in sometime, and wait for the obligatory
elbeem-compiling-error- and bugreport-mails :)

Thanks, regards,
-> Nils

PS: Does anyone with a Mac perhaps have the time to test compile the
changed solver implementation? I have setup a mac for compiling in
Germany a while ago, so most of it should work - but as I'm in
Switzerland right now, I dont have access to it anymore... Would
definitely be helpful!

.          Nils Thuerey                                               .
.          LSS, Inf10 - University of Erlangen Nuremberg              .
.          http://www.ntoken.com                                      .
.          http://www10.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sinithue/         .