[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/po Makefile

Wouter van Heyst larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 13 17:19:48 CET 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:14:43AM -0600, Kent Mein wrote:

> > larstiq (Wouter van Heyst) 2006/02/12 18:19:53 CET
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     blender/po           Makefile
> >
> >   Log:
> >   ==Translations==
> >    * Make sure all languages get built (Makefile, scons to be done)
> >

> Hi Wouter,
>
> Does it make sense to change the makefile so that it processes *.po in that
> directory?  Then we don't need to modify the Makefile every time a new language
> is added.  (I tried it and got lots of errors so I'm guessing this might
> not be a good solution, or we need to update some of the .po's)

We might want to not ship some translations, so I think globbing with a
blacklist is the way to go. Crudely off the top of my head,

BLACKLIST=translations not fit for general consumption
LINGUAS=$(filter-out $(BLACKLIST),$(basenmae $(wildcard *.po)))

The blacklist might not be needed, and this snippet is probably a
gnuism.

The entire i18n situation is fragile, the build process, the translation
process and the actual code. I'm first trying to get fr.po working as it
should on OSX, we'll see what's next from there.

Wouter van Heyst