[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/imbuf IMB_imbuf.h blender/source/blender/include BIF_writeimage.h blender/source/blender/src header_info.c toets.c writeimage.c

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 11 19:15:53 CET 2006

Hi !

 --- Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de>
escribió:

> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Ed Halley wrote:
>

> > What are you *expecting* an alpha-zero object to
> render?  The overall
> > material alpha should be the most opaque part of
> the object, right? Then a
>
> Eh, no, not at all, that is not how it works. A
> texture mapped to "Alpha"
> can and will *add* to the overall alpha value - it's
> the usual practice to
> set an object's alpha to zero, and then map - say -
> an image texture with
> alpha to it, making parts of it opaque.

Exactly what I was talking about.

Anyway, seems like problem is of different nature.
Turned out that the problem was that when you have
Scene 1 having a Scene2 as a SET, and render Scene 1,
only Scene 2 is rendered (check attachment, bird and
paper are on Scene1, rest is Scene2 (SET) )

I got confused because I had objects with alpha zero
in Scene1, and thought that was the culprit.

I could reproduce it in a simpler scene with
yesterday's CVS, can't try today's (no bandwidth)

Best regards

malefico

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar