[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/imbuf IMB_imbuf.h blender/source/blender/include BIF_writeimage.h blender/source/blender/src header_info.c toets.c writeimage.c

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Sat Feb 11 02:08:25 CET 2006

Hi,

I got uneasy with the almost visibly unnoticable changes in depth in
output, that I wrote a small patch (attached to mail.)

The patch searches first for second highest float (= geom pixel farthest
away). Then uses that to convert other float values of zbuf to nice 0-255
range. Changes only writeimage.c

Kent, perhaps you want to check it? Or anyone for that matter :)

/Nathan

ps. apply in source/blender/src

On Pe 10.2.2006 23:10, Kent Mein kirjoitti:
> sirdude (Kent Mein) 2006/02/10 22:10:59 CET
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/source/blender/imbuf IMB_imbuf.h
>     blender/source/blender/include BIF_writeimage.h
>     blender/source/blender/src header_info.c toets.c writeimage.c
>
>   Log:
>   Added ability to render Zbuffer to an image.
>   Just use SHIFT-F3 and save an image.
>
>   	Basically all this does is copy the zbuffer to a new Image buffer
>   	and pass that to the save image function.
>
>   Sample output:
>   	http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/kungfu_zbuf255.jpg
>
>   	Also thanks to Jesterking for helping me debug dumbness... ;)
>   	and the nice screenshot.
>
>   Kent

/Nathan