[Bf-committers] MEM_CacheLimiter breaks msvc6 compile unrepairable - *Ping*

Stealth Apprentice stealthapprentice at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 18:28:04 CET 2006

The STL that comes with gcc & MSVC 7+ are both
excellent.

STLPort hasn't been updated since 2004, and has subtle
deviations from the spec, particularly with
implementations of allocators.

The gcc/MSVC STLs are thoroughly vetted with regards
multi-threading, reentrancy, & the MSVC version is
properly adorned for DLL export, and I expect that the
gcc version will be too as the new ABI is rolled out.

I used STLPort for years, but stopped using it when
the out of the box STL's surpassed it. The portability
and standards/compliance issues weren't worth it.

In addition I am not in favor of introducing a big new
dependency like STLPort to Blender.