[Bf-committers] Re: MEM_CacheLimiter breaks msvc6 compile unrepairable

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Wed Feb 8 20:08:54 CET 2006

Hi Ole,

> i tried for a while to get over STL problems arising on msvc6 with this new
> classes.
>
> Finally i
> found:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang98/HTML/MEMORY_allocator.asp
> So, was it decided to drop msvc6 as a supported build system?

Nope. I used a C++ compiler to develop it, not MSVC-6 ;-)

Seriously: Have you tried removing the rebind-code completely from the
MEM_Allocator.h-file?

If this works for you, could you just mail to me a preprocessor-variable
which enables me to check for MS-VC6?

Or just try to add this:

#ifndef __MSVC6__whatever_you_have_to_test_to_detect_msvc6__
	template<...> rebind()
#endif

Also could you just mail the compiler error messages to me?

Greetings,
Peter