[Bf-committers] Multi-threaded render testing

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 8 05:39:49 CET 2006

Just for kicks, I've done some rendering benchmarking with
one, two and four threads on some fairly nice machines
(we really need a button to set 4 threads, and options
for more threads too). Anyways, here are my results:

http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/multi-render.html

get an Opteron based machine, but if you want the least
wall time, get an Apple dual processor dual core G5 machine.

Chris

P.S. Thanks to Doug Ollivier (AllTaken) for permitting me
to use the modified tank model.