[Bf-committers] Re: Problems compiling CVS

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Tue Feb 7 12:42:32 CET 2006

Hi Alexander,

> anim.c: In function tartffmpeg':
> anim.c:559: error: `FF_ER_CAREFUL' undeclared (first use in this function)
> anim.c:559: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> anim.c:559: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[4]: ***
> [/home/intrr/bf-cvs/blender/obj/linux-glibc2.3.2-i386/blender/imbuf/anim.o]
> Error 1
>
> Do I have an outdated ffmpeg version?

Maybe. Could you please check your ffmpeg-version using

grep FFMPEG_VERSION_INT /usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h

and mail it to me? I'm still trying to make the code work with most
versions of ffmpeg. If you want to get ffmpeg working right away, try
latest CVS of ffmpeg.

> Isn't ffmpeg supposed to be included
> with the source tree (which it definitely should be)? Or has this not been
> decided yet?

I tried, but then noticed, that I'd have to include a version for every
single glibc-version on Linux thereby bloating the libs by around 5MB per
glibc-version. If this is the way to go, I can contribute libc-2.3.2-i386

(Correct me, if I'm wrong. If it is sufficent to include one version in
a directory called "linux-i386" then I'll do it.)

Other idea was: disabling ffmpeg by default and let the user decide.

You can do this already by setting the NAN_NO_FFMPEG switch to "true" in
your user-def.mk

Greetings,
Peter