[Bf-committers] Link error with new SConscript

Jasper Mine jaspermine at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 5 06:24:47 CET 2006

Hello,

I am also having the same thing on OSX 10.4.4 using gcc 4.0 and
scons.  This happened before, and I think the cause was a template in
the fluidsim.  I was able to compile by disabling the fluidsim and
game engine at the time, pretty sure was fluidsim. Heh.

I will test again, pretty sure people said something wrong with
standard c++ files, or missing functions in the apple standard c lib
but I find that very hard to believe.  Windows programmers :)

Ohh the other workaround is to do a scons --clean then do sudo  /usr/
sbin/gcc_select 3.3  Changing to gcc3.3 will compile blender... easy
enough to change back to gcc 4.0 by again running sudo  /usr/sbin/
gcc_select 4.0.  Should move on to gcc4.0 and make it work,  it is
inevitable...

Something of interest though is the difference in my addition of the
tifflib and zlib having undefined symbols and yours not.  Have you
compiled updated versions of these libs?  Also OpenEXR must be
hardcoded in some c files that make the pointer to /sw not work, no
biggie but would be nice, could be why changing the option to 'false'
fails as well.

Hope that helps.

JS