[Bf-committers] small scons mod for MSVC8

Stealth Apprentice stealthapprentice at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 03:29:46 CET 2006

Hi, I'm not sure how to detect if you're using MSVC7
or MSVC8, but there's a small difference needed to use
Scons to build Blender on MSVC8.

>From CCFLAGS, I removed the /Og and /G6 flags. These
don't need to be removed, but on VC8, you get billions
of warnings.

On CPPFLAGS, I added -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE

It should be safe to add that to all win32
configurations. Adding this flag eliminates 100's of
warnings from the compiler output, making the build of
Blender comprehensible.

I'd like to request that at least the CPPFLAGS get
this mod, since it won't interfere with builds on
older versions of MSVC. Thanks!

CCFLAGS = ['/nologo', '/Ot', '/Ob1', '/EHsc', '/J',

CPPFLAGS = ['-DWIN32','-D_CONSOLE', '-D_LIB',
'-DUSE_OPENAL', '-DFTGL_LIBRARY_STATIC',
'-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE']