[Bf-committers] Image Editor Mess

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:23:06 CET 2006

bjornmose wrote:
> Hi, all
> I know we are in a transition mode, but the UV/image editor is in a
> very bad state right now.
> So i'd like to pick up the occasion to make decicions how to proceed.
> The UV/image space now is used for 3 tasks.
>
> 1. Editing UVs and having the (texture) image shown.
> 2. Editing the image with a minimalistic 2d painting tool.
Python functions for applying fast brushes to an image would be nice.  A
simple way to load a brush image (with alpha) and apply it to the image
is what I guess I'm saying.  Thus, a better image editor could be
implemented in python.  This could be done with the current
implementation, but the Image module only provides simple per-pixel
color access, which isn't the fastest way of doing things, even in C.

Just an idea.

joeedh