[Bf-committers] blender-2.43RC1-linux-glibc2.3.2-powerpc also runs fine on Playstation 3 Linux

Erwin Coumans erwin at erwincoumans.com
Sun Dec 31 22:41:55 CET 2006

No. Unless Sony and Nvidia expose the hardware, there is no chance any
driver can access 3D GPU hardware acceleration.
(apart from criminal attempts to break the security protections).
The second best 3D if someone ports something like Pixomatic or Mesa to
CELL/SPU, it would be technically possible to write a very fast rasterizer
on SPUs. See also http://www.radgametools.com/pixomain.htm

But for Blender as modeler/renderer it is not really needed: the interface
is actually very responsive on PS3.
Erwin