[Bf-committers] Re: Linux Users: Questions about build support needs

erwin at erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Sat Dec 30 21:21:11 CET 2006

Statically linking all those additional libraries would make it easier to
run Blender. Perhaps we should provide both a static and a dynamic linked
Blender?

I just tried to run Blender 2.43 RC1 in a linux-powerpc environment (PS3)
and it fails to find libSDL-1.2.so.

When trying to run the blenderplayer, it also fails with the same
libSDL-1.2.so (I though it was just using OpenAL for sound, so it is
probably for some option (CD playback?) that I never used)...

Erwin