[Bf-committers] Linux Users: Questions about build support needs

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Dec 30 16:29:01 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 03:45:28PM +1100, Campbell Barton wrote:

> Im all for dropping 2.3 as soon as possible.

But you have to promise not to use Py 2.5 features!

> If mac is stuck on Py 2.3, can we somehow embed 2.4/5 like in winw32?
> - or is that already done?

At least in theory, it should be possible to link the Py lib static
so we do not rely on the system lib.  Gcc has a -static flag, but I
don't know much about building and linking on OSX.

This is a question for our OSX platorm maintainer.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net