[Bf-committers] Linux Users: Questions about build support needs

D.J. Capelis djcapelis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 03:51:03 CET 2006

Hey folks,

I would like to look at getting rid of the Linux Python 2.3 builds on
the x86 platform.  If folks are dependant on this support in new builds,
please contact me off-list and explain your situation, if people still
need support then I won't drop it, but if it's not needed by anyone
terribly, it would be really nice if I could get rid of the 2.3
environment that's kept around to make these builds.

In addition, if you're running on an x86 environment with no hardware
accelerated GL and have to use the static builds, please let me know.
I'm wondering how widespread the use of these builds is outside of
debugging.  (I have no intention of dropping support for static builds
at this time, I just am curious how many systems we have out there who
don't have support for GL applications by default.)

Thanks,
~D.J. Capelis

P.S. Sorry for the tri-list distribution, I just want to make sure that
if I move forward on this I'm not leaving folks behind who still need
this support.
P.P.S.  If you use a builds provided by your distribution than this
message has little relevance to you and your distribution will be free
to continue to support you as they do now.