[Bf-committers] Blender 2.43 RC1

D.J. Capelis djcapelis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 03:27:23 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 17:09 -0600, Kent Mein wrote:

> Grabed them all.
>
> Anyone that wants to start testing can grab them at:
> http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.43rc/
>
> Not sure what Ton had planned for announcing them so we'll wait to
> offically announce on the site...  Were still waiting on a couple of platforms
> anyway.
>
> Hans also not sure how to answer the version question.
> If things continue like they have, there will probably be quite a few
> changes, probably not worth it to keep changing it until we have an
> offical release.  If you want to though it wouldn't hurt anything.
>
> Kent

You can go ahead and pull the Linux x86 build now:

Just as a note, these builds will fail on a default install of FC5 or
above.  The fix is to install the compat-libstdc++-33 package, fedora
apparently decided that breaking the ABI for C++ applications by default
is no big deal.  However to maintain compatibility with older
distributions we will be sticking with the older versions of the
libraries for the time being.  If we could add a note about this
somewhere that'd probably be a good idea...