[Bf-committers] Re: Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] Re: CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_node.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern ipo.c node.c node_composite.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_camera_types.h DNA_node_types.h blender/source/blender/render

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Dec 22 23:06:39 CET 2006

Hi,
eeshlo at yahoo.com (2006-12-22 at 1243.46 -0800):
>> http://sudakyo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gimp/fblur/focusblur_e.html
> I have seen that in the past yes, but forgot about it.
> I think it has come up once or twice in the elysiun
> forums.
> Never tried it myself either. Would be interesting to
> test how fast it is.

Speed varies with max blur and it only works with 8 bit per channel,
including the depth data. Max radius of 5 is rather fast, with 55 it
is slow too, slower than the node with no limit set (55 was the value
that provided the same huge shape in the right side, but the blur of
the other balls was smaller than the node).

OTOH if spent time gives better results, it can always be left until
final postpro.

GSR