[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] Re: CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_node.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern ipo.c node.c node_composite.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_camera_types.h DNA_node_types.h blender/source/blender/render

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Dec 22 21:46:09 CET 2006

Hi,
trip0o at gmail.com (2006-12-21 at 2254.01 -0500):
> GSR that dof blur looks realy good. The smoothest I have seen yet with
> blender.

Yeah, it is nice.

I wonder if the "brush" method could be done in Blender like in
http://sudakyo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gimp/fblur/focusblur_e.html as that
would allow real bokeh, the one that depends in blade shape and glass
distortions too http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

Using fg and bg separation, it would even allow for different look as
in real camera http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/bokeh.shtml

> On 12/21/06, GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >ton at blender.org (2006-12-21 at 1911.07 +0100):
> >>   http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Composite__Defocus.836.0.html
> >
> >The DoF distance should be in the node as you do not need a camera to
> >have zbuffer data, and anyway jumping between 3d and nodes is rather
> >slow.

I read the code a bit more and found that lens is also used, same
reasoning, image can come from other place, cameras can change and
swapping to separate contexts is not fast.

GSR