[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] Re: CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_node.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern ipo.c node.c node_composite.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_camera_types.h DNA_node_types.h blender/source/blender/render

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 20:16:36 CET 2006

Hi,

Where does this original message by GSR come from?
I don't see it anywhere in the list?

Anyway, of course 9 blades are possible, but I can't
really see the difference with a disk, unless you have
very bright and small sharp highlights in the image.
Originally there were more options, It was possible to
set the number of blades to any number, curved blades
was another. But believe me, if you think this one is
slow, you don't want the old code back, current
implementation is a speeddemon compared to the
previous one...
But anyway, al that made it much more complicated than
it needed to be.
And as far as putting the focal distance in the node,
sure you can do that. But I sure like to see where the
actual focal point is in the scene.
And besides that, that parameter may not just be there
for the dof node (or for that matter fstop as well),
it could possibly be useful for some future
developments, who knows...

Also, that picture is exactly one of the worst case
scenarios as I mentioned in the notes. Objects with
the direct background visible don't work very well at
all.

In any case, if possible, I'd like to be kept up to
date a bit with regard to bug reports and such.
Hopefully I'm allowed to do bugfixes and/or updates?

never been quite sure of what my commit rights are...

Alfredo

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Composite__Defocus.836.0.html

http://www.pentax.co.uk/images/products/photo/uk/K10D/Image%204.JPG

http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/blender/dof-9-blades.jpg