[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include transform.h blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c transform.c transform_generics.c transform_snap.c

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 17:09:14 CET 2006

--- Carsten Wartmann <carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de>
wrote:

> Its confusing that you get "snaps" even when there
> is no vertex near. I
> first thought thats because when theres no vertex it
> snaps to the grid.
>
> However after trying a bit it seems to be a bug,
> sometimes I only get
> snaps at vertices, sometimes not.
>
> See http://blenderbuch.de/tmp/Screenshot.png
>
> There is no Vertex, so it should not snap?!

That's the bug I was talking about in my first commit.
findnearest is returning a selected vertex (the one
your are grabbing) even though it was specified not
to.

Briggs said he'd look into it.

> Er, sorry, make it for example 20 pixels big, not
> changing.... At high
> zoomlevels it is sometimes bigger than my  view....
> And zooming far out
> makes it a small white blob.

It's my turn to be sorry. I thought it already did
that (constant size). Seems like I didn't do it
properly.

> It will fix in my brain. Just a matter how it works
> in Blender and
> perfect if there is more than one vertex selected.

Alright, lets put that in the release notes: Users
should fix their brains. :)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Keep them
coming people, if you don't say anything, I don't know
what's wrong.

Martin