[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include transform.h blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c transform.c transform_generics.c transform_snap.c

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Thu Dec 21 16:41:20 CET 2006

Martin Poirier wrote:

>>>   When Snap is selected, holding down Ctrl during
>> translations (grab) snaps to vertex.
>>
>> - I find it a bit confusing that it snaps to Grid OR
>> Vertex, espeacially
>> in a rotated 3D view.
>
> What's confusing?

Its confusing that you get "snaps" even when there is no vertex near. I
first thought thats because when theres no vertex it snaps to the grid.

However after trying a bit it seems to be a bug, sometimes I only get
snaps at vertices, sometimes not.

See http://blenderbuch.de/tmp/Screenshot.png

There is no Vertex, so it should not snap?!

>> - the white circle should be scaled according to the
>> Mesh dimensions
>> maybe. On big meshes its too small on small meshes
>> too big
>
> Vertex size is also fixed. By making it not fixed, how
> should it behaved when zoomed in/out?

Er, sorry, make it for example 20 pixels big, not changing.... At high
zoomlevels it is sometimes bigger than my  view.... And zooming far out
makes it a small white blob.

>> - because in Blender the Transformation Cursor and
>> the transformed
>> Vertex don`t have to be close, I was at start a bit
>> confused why it was
>> highlighting the "wrong" vertices.
>
> Any suggestion to "fix" that?

It will fix in my brain. Just a matter how it works in Blender and
perfect if there is more than one vertex selected.

Carsten