[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include transform.h blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c transform.c transform_generics.c transform_snap.c

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 15:45:54 CET 2006

--- Carsten Wartmann <carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de>
wrote:

> Martin Poirier wrote:
>
> >   When Snap is selected, holding down Ctrl during
> translations (grab) snaps to vertex.
>
> - I find it a bit confusing that it snaps to Grid OR
> Vertex, espeacially
> in a rotated 3D view.

What's confusing?

> - the white circle should be scaled according to the
> Mesh dimensions
> maybe. On big meshes its too small on small meshes
> too big

Vertex size is also fixed. By making it not fixed, how
should it behaved when zoomed in/out?

> - because in Blender the Transformation Cursor and
> the transformed
> Vertex don`t have to be close, I was at start a bit
> confused why it was
> highlighting the "wrong" vertices.

Any suggestion to "fix" that?

> Is it expandable to Objectmode? Here especially:
>
> - Object to Vertex of another Object
> - Vertex to other Object-Vertex?

Object -> Object shouldn't be too hard, except that,
AFAIK, there is no low level findnearest* function for
objects like there is for editmesh.

Same for looking into other object's mesh structures
(Object -> Mesh) except that this pose a bigger
problem: which mesh to look into.

Martin