[Bf-committers] Special symbols as hotkeys (renamed from cvs commit subject)

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Wed Dec 20 09:58:57 CET 2006

Martin Poirier wrote:

> Yeah, it's the backtick.
>
> In a standard US keyboard, it's usually the key next
> to 1 at the top.
>
> Sorry if that doesn't work on german keyboards. guess
> we'll have to find a better key.

Using 'special' symbols will always be a risky business, since there are
more different layouts than just the us and the german layout.

We only can hope the event refactor will help us with this issue - where
users can make hotkey maps for their keyboard layout however they want
their hotkeys.

One thing is certain, I will *not* degrade back to any awful qwerty or
alike bad layout.

/Nathan