[Bf-committers] Re: render passes & workflow

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 20:38:24 CET 2006

Hi Ton (et al),

I've been playing with the render passes recently and I think I may
have found a small error - currently in the shadow pass, any object
that is set to shadeless is rendered black (ie. in shadow) whereas
I believe shadeless is the equivalent of 'no shadow' since, IMHO, the
most common thing to do with a shadow pass is to multiply this layer
over diffuse or so.  Currently it feels like it should be renamed to
'light pass' :P

Please let me know if I'm missing the purpose of the shadow pass.

Simon