[Bf-committers] Re: new features without release log

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Mon Dec 18 18:27:13 CET 2006

Hi,
rcampos at fusemail.com (2006-12-18 at 0625.47 -0600):
> I'm the one doing the BlenderNation CVS reports, so, if you guys have some
> ideas on how to improve the report I'm all ears.

Avoid the "Feature foo added, info |here|" and "Feature bar improved,
info |here|" links, use a style like "Feature |foo added|" and
"Feature |bar improved|". Less words many times, more clear.

If there are multiple links, spread them over the words that matter
like "Feature |bar fully redone| with |new hotkeys|. Incredible |demo
images and videos|". So they link to main commit, keybiding commit and
wiki/main site big explanation, respectively.

That helps users' visual scan, and also search engines. Search words
like "here" and "more" then notice the pattern (shops, reader and
player software...), next try something with more exact words
("ambient occlusion" is my favorite demo).

GSR