[Bf-committers] SVG Import

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Dec 18 03:49:02 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Esben Stien wrote:

> Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> writes:
>
>> That must be a bug then.
>
> It sure is magic.
>
>> How is Blender supposed to know how it should fill the curve?
>
> Try it yourself. Make a closed curve in inkscape; import it and start
> moving the control points in R3; the curve will still fill;), perfect
> as well.

Yes, I saw the image, but that fill is just one of an infinite number of
possible ways to fill the curve. Ton knew that, so he made Blender not fill
3D curves at all :) Blender has a 3D curves object of its own, which is
called "Surface" in the toolbox, and uses Nurbs control points which are
actually 3D.

What this is is a bug both in the Python API and/or in the SVG importer.