[Bf-committers] SVG Import

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:00:35 CET 2006

2006/12/18, Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name>:
> Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> writes:
>
> > That must be a bug then.
>
> It sure is magic.
>
> > How is Blender supposed to know how it should fill the curve?
>
> Try it yourself. Make a closed curve in inkscape; import it and start
> moving the control points in R3; the curve will still fill;), perfect
> as well.
>
> How do you explain this:
>
> http://www.esben-stien.name/clear_as_day.png
>
> The 3d button is not even active;)

That's not so clear. There are a lot of possible ways to fill a 3d
curve. Blender fills it as it were 2D, just joining vertices in the X
axis looking to XY plane (rotate the curves and they will fill
different). As I said in my previous post, it's not prepared for 3D
fill and the results are unpredictible. Also, in some cases it doesn't
fill properly:

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/47/filled3dcurve.blend

--
DiThi