[Bf-committers] SVG Import

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Dec 17 23:02:11 CET 2006

"Alberto Torres" <kungfoobar at gmail.com> writes:

> if you enable 3D and disable it again, it gets squashed to XZ plane.

Yes, but this is normal, but it also just happen when you create the
curve in blender. When you import a curve, then move a control point
in R3, then hit the 3d button, it totally flips out;). It first cuts
off a bunch of control points, then rotate the curve 90 degrees and
then moves it to another part of the screen;).

> the imported object is rotated 90 degrees.

That's just because you selected "scale on height" when you
imported. If you select "scale on width" it will not be rotated 90
degrees.

> It seems it's in 3D space to be able to do this weird and pointless
> rotation.

I don't understand what you mean. It is very much desired to be able
to move a filled curve in R3 (3d space), but I don't understand why
the 3d button says that the curve will not be filled when it's in R3,
cause it's apparently possible. (When you import a closed curve from
inkscape, it is filled and you can move the control points in R3)

No one who can clear this up?.

Another thing that is strange, is that if you take a curve and convert
it to a NURBS curve, then select two control points and subdivide, the
whole shape of the NURBS curve is altered. This does not happen when
creating a NURBS curve from the menu, as is correct, because NURBS
curves support local control.

Anyone can explain this?.

Also, the SVN from yesterday is segfaulting badly when doing anything
with curves, so I went back to 2.41.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m