[Bf-committers] More than 10 randoms crashes in 8 hours; how to fill bugs reports?

Ronan Zeegers blender at ronanzeegers.com
Sat Dec 16 15:53:50 CET 2006

Quoting malefico andauer <the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar>:

> If you compile Blender yourself, you can compile with
> DEBUG flag on. Anyway, you can run Blender from a
> debugger like gdb (in linux) and get a trace of the
> crash.
>
> If this is too technical you can always try to isolate
> the bug by carefully deleting elements until the crash
> is no longer there. Then commit a bug report with all
> info you could collect.
>
> 10 crashes a day ? you probably already know how and
> when it's going to crash don't you ?

Some bugs are not easy to isolate. I know that lot of those bugs appaers
when
I'm playing with the IPO graph or the action editor and making one Undo.
The Undo system seems even more unstable when using multiple Undo
consecutively...

Tom M wrote:
> As others have noted you can make a debug build - and that is best to
> find them -
>
> directions on building and using debug builds with gcc environments is
> located here
>
> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/DebugBlender
I'm familiar with build blender under linux with scons. I will try with
BF_DEBUG = 'true'.
But I'm not sure how to use GDB...

Thanx for the informations!