[Bf-committers] new CMake/Xcode problem

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Fri Dec 15 21:58:31 CET 2006

erwin at erwincoumans.com wrote:

> Why can't we just run Cmake in the blender folder anymore?
> Now Cmake complains that you have to run it outside the source folder.
> But if you do this, the generated project duplicates the source files,
> and when you make changes, they don't get compiled. It seems this cmake
> setup compiler the source files from the original location, and edits
> the duplicated ones.
> How are we supposed to develop and commit that way?
> Thanks,
> Erwin

Hi Erwin,

This is a good thing as CMake spits out a lot of files
that mess up the source tree (this is particularly bad
when generating Makefiles since it clobbers the ones
already in CVS).

You should run CMake in a different directory. I have
generated the Xcode files with no problem in other
directories (and kept my CVS sources 100% clean while
doing this).

Chris