[Bf-committers] More than 10 randoms crashes in 8 hours; how to fill bugs reports?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Dec 15 17:16:42 CET 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 blender at ronanzeegers.com wrote:

> The problem is that I have a lot of random crashes (maybe 40% of them appears
> when doing Undo action) and it's hard to fill a bug report about that. I had
> more than 10 crashes yesterday, making me loosing something like 10*5min of
> work. That's a lot on a 8 hours work day...
>
> I don't know if there is a debug mode or log file created on the crash that
> could help me to fill bugs reports?

In most cases, the best thing to do would be:

1) Make a debug build with debug symbols - you need to compile yourself for
     getting one

2) Run blender through gdb (if you're on unix - on other platforms, I don't
     know how to run through a debugger), and when it crashes, type 'bt'
     and attach the resulting output to a bug report.