[Bf-committers] cmake shell scriptfails: Info.plist: No suchfileordirectory

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Dec 12 18:20:18 CET 2006

> I reported that issue weeks ago, and couldn't interest anyone in it.
> What I do to get around it is to link to libpython2.4.so instead of the
> static archive.

This is the exact same problem I had, and I think will be an issue with
release builds.  How do we get things to link with a static library?
(I don't actually have the dynamic lib for python installed on my linux
machine)

While I do like the cmake build system, if we can't link against static libs,
I think it will cause us a lot of headaches for the releases.

It would be interesting for people that have successful builds with both
to compare the output of ldd blender    for the cmake build and the last
release for their platform.  (They should be pretty much the same as far
as number of dynamic libs that they depend on.  If not we should probably
fix them.)

Kent