[Bf-committers] cmake shell script fails: Info.plist: No suchfileor directory

Renato Perini rperini at email.it
Tue Dec 12 15:33:59 CET 2006

I use the standard settings, with the default CMakeLists.txt,
configuring with cmake .
I obtain the following conf:
mjordan:~/Blender/blender-dev$ cmake .
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Configuring library bf_soundsystem
-- Configuring library bf_string
-- Configuring library bf_ghost
-- Configuring library bf_guardedalloc
-- Configuring library bf_bmfont
-- Configuring library bf_moto
-- Configuring library blender_CTR
-- Configuring library bf_memutil
-- Configuring library bf_decimation
-- Configuring library blender_IK
-- Configuring library blender_bop
-- Configuring library blender_ONL
-- Configuring library bf_elbeem
-- Configuring library blender_BSP
-- Configuring library extern_qhull
-- Configuring library extern_solid
-- Configuring library extern_bullet
-- Configuring library extern_ftgl
-- Configuring library bf_avi
-- Configuring library bf_blenkernel
-- Configuring library bf_blenlib
-- Configuring library bf_blenloader
-- Configuring library bf_blenpluginapi
-- Configuring library bf_imbuf
-- Configuring library bf_cineon
-- Configuring makesdna
-- Configuring library blender_python
-- Configuring library blender_radiosity
-- Configuring library bf_readblenfile
-- Configuring library blender_render
-- Configuring library src
-- Configuring library bf_yafray
-- Configuring library bf_ftfont
-- Configuring library bf_kernel
-- Configuring library bf_blroutines
-- Configuring library bf_converter
-- Configuring library bf_expressions
-- Configuring library bf_logic
-- Configuring library bf_ketsji
-- Configuring library kx_network
-- Configuring library bf_ngnetwork
-- Configuring library bf_loopbacknetwork
-- Configuring library bf_common
-- Configuring library bf_dummy
-- Configuring library bf_rasterizer
-- Configuring library bf_oglrasterizer
-- Configuring library bf_scenegraph
-- Configuring library bf_bullet
-- Configuring library bf_sumo
-- Configuring blender
-- Removing library bf_openexr from blender linking because: not configured
-- Removing library verse from blender linking because: not configured
-- Removing library bf_quicktime from blender linking because: not
configured
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/mjordan/Blender/blender-dev

I launch the build with a standard make command. Compilation goes fine.
The linking process fails with the message:

[100%] Generating dna.c
Running makesdna at debug level 0
        Program version: $Id: makesdna.c,v 1.24 2006/11/26 12:23:21 ton
Exp $
Writing file ... done.
Scanning dependencies of target blender
[100%] Building C object source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/creator.o
[100%] Building C object source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/dna.o
Linking C executable ../../bin/blender
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXi
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/blender] Error 1
make[1]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

No, I don't have any unusual ovverrides, I just use a standard Fedora
Core 4 installation (with a self compiled/installed GCC 4.1.1 compiler).
I don't know what to do, at this point.
Thanks,

Renato.