[Bf-committers] ffmpeg and codecs for win32/mingw?

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Tue Dec 12 15:17:38 CET 2006

Hi,

I bought a new Digital-Photo-Camera, which also does nice Videos
(848x480 at 30fps), Blender seems a natural choice for me to cut/edit
these. It reads the Quicktime (mjpeg) videos nice, with audio.

However, I have some problems with the codecs for ffmpeg:

Linking program ==> 'blender.exe'
d:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot find -lxvidcore

I have installed xvid ofcourse. I guess after solving this there will be
more problems like that.

Some codecs work (MPEG-2 e.g. so I guess they are already incorporated
in ffmpeg), but none of the audio codecs "ERROR: No suitable audio***"
(<- The Error is always cut inside the Render Window).

Is there a guide/primer how to get it working for Windows? (Next I will
try Linux)

Best Regards,
Carsten