[Bf-committers] Crash when quitting Blender

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Mon Dec 11 23:18:18 CET 2006

Le 11 déc. 06 à 22:59, Ken Hughes a écrit :

> Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
>>
>> I had the same crash, and there was a bug report with it in the
>> tracker also. The problem is that the dependencies of
>> BPY_interface.c aren't checked correct, so it will not recompile
>> if the headers it includes change. This is because it is compiled
>> with the Makefile from api2_2x, but is located one directory up.
>> The dependency checking seems to work only for files in the
>> directory itself (nan_compile.mk, around line 258).
>> Anyway, not sure if this is worth fixing now that there is CMake.
>
> Since enough people are using make still that it's a problem, how
> difficult is it to fix?  Even with Cmake, I expect make to stay
> around a while longer.

Cmake is a new kid on the block. both make and scons are production
proved.

Even if Cmake shows a lot of promises, i think we need to maintain
our current build systems, at least until Cmake reach their level.
Especially on the configuration possibilities level.

Now, the non-core build systems, like MSVC or xcode can probably
already be ditched from main support (not sure Cmake support
all the version of MSVC we have though).

I will probably remove the xcode projects from CVS soon (they are not
up to date in any case).

--
Lukep