[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/intern/ghost/internGHOST_WindowCarbon.cpp

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Thu Dec 7 19:28:54 CET 2006

Le 7 déc. 06 à 17:53, Erwin Coumans a écrit :

> there's always some issue with some driver :)
>
> If possible, we can add an argument to swap buffers, that indicates
> vsync on/off.
> Then the game engine can request vsync on (to avoid tearing), and
> regular Blender vsync off (for faster selection/mouse response).
>
> Erwin
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roland Hess" <rolandh at reed-
> witting.com>

I will check on that,

VBL syncing a double-buffer that will be composited later by quartz
smells in any case risks of troubles for me.

I agree  VBL is nice addition, but using core graphic there seems odd
as it would bypass quartz (so fine if full screen, but not when
windowed).
Adding this for full screen context should be ok, but not there
(costly operation)

I'm pretty sure there is a display manager API for this that would be
better. will check

Lukep