[Bf-committers] cmake Xcode question

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:29:08 CET 2006

Hi,

As Jonathan pointed out the default Xcode generation does not set the
zero linking options in the projects for Debug builds. I will try to
enable it.

As far as Python linking goes the CMake setup "should" do the same as
scons (which I obtained from inspecting darwin-config.py). However, I
just submitted an update which allows you to override these settings
in your cache from the command line for Mac too (I also improved the
system for Unix builds and added it to the doc):

The commandline can be used to override detected/default settings, e.g:

    On Unix:
      cmake -D PYTHON_LIB=/usr/local/lib/python2.3/config/libpython2.3.so \
                 -D PYTHON_INC=/usr/local/include/python2.3 \
                 -D PYTHON_BINARY=/usr/local/bin/python2.3 \
                 -G "Unix Makefiles" ../blender
    On Macs:
      cmake -D PYTHON_INC=/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
 \
                -D
PYTHON_LIBPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/config
 \
                -D
PYTHON_BINARY=/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/python2.5
 \
                -G Xcode ../blender

Note that this should only be needed once per build directory
generation because it will keep the overrides in CMakeCache.txt for
subsequent runs.

Hope this helps,

Jacques