[Bf-committers] Re: Klocwork source analysis

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Dec 3 17:12:05 CET 2006

Hi,
blender at instinctive.de (2006-12-03 at 1542.56 +0100):
> So, as discussed many times on the list, it's the old question: Check EACH
> AND EVERY call to malloc and act accordingly, or check NONE ;)

If by never, you mean at the high level, I think correct. But the mem
functions do check and take different measures (in case of problems
you get the console warning), so that is the probable reason Klocwork
system did not complain. It is an app, not an human that will realize
the issue is still there, just masked. To check if that is the reason,
do a BPY wrapper like MEM_callocN (check pointer and return it or
return 0).

GSR