[Bf-committers] Klocwork source analysis

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Dec 1 19:18:07 CET 2006

Hi,

Klockwork (http://www.klocwork.com) has provided us a free service to
use their online tool for source code analysis. The website itself is
only accessible for a few people though (Kent Mein and myself). But
I've extracted a .txt document highlighting the cvs state of last week.

http://www.blender.org/bf/20061123_report.txt
(text is a bit cleaned up to remove weird tags, still a bit messy)

Nevertheless, I've only checed a few, and there's indeed a lot of messy
stuff in the code. Here's a nice DerivedMesh.c example:

	dm = mesh_create_derived_render(ob);
	if(!dm) { *numVertices = *numTriangles = 0; *triangles=NULL;
*vertices=NULL; }

	mvert = dm->getVertArray(dm);

With as report: "Pointer 'dm' checked for NULL at line 2431 will be
dereferenced at line 2433"

Not bad eh! Maybe a nice weekend target for people, to check on the
code they've written.

Also thanks to Kent for helping setting this up.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org