[Bf-committers] Console patch update and question about Mac usage

Jacques Beaurain Jacques.beaurain at geosoft.com
Wed Aug 30 01:12:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sorry for taking some time to respond to the questions. My GMail account went down, which is why I am using my work email in the mean time:

On the two issues raised:

1. On Windows the dos box gets freed by the FreeConsole call when the console output space is enabled so there is no need to change the linking flags.

2. The allqueue (as well as the access to the global G settinf right above it) will not be thread safe and there will definitely be infrequent cases where this may cause unexpected behavior. I can easily protect it by using the pthreads locking mechanisms as is done in drawstdout.c for the buffers. Any thoughts.

Jacques