[Bf-committers] Console patch update and question about Mac usage

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Tue Aug 29 08:23:12 CEST 2006

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> My first suggestion would be to not switch the default though, and have
> the new -c commandline option *enable* internal console instead. For
> the Windows release this might be different though... the fact Blender
> starts with a DOS box is very ugly. :)
>
> -Ton-

It is very easy to have Blender start without the dosbox. Instead of
linking to the console subsystem, one should link to the window
subsystem. Until now the reasoning behind having the dosbox was that the
user would need it when Blender tells there has been some error, which
was logged to the console (dosbox). I'm more than happy to make the
change to the SCons-part.

/Nathan