[Bf-committers] what to do with roll for bones?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Aug 26 15:04:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

This roll is needed to be able to define the full rotation, since it is
based on a vector (direction).

Check the diagram here:
http://www.blender.org/cms/How_Armatures_work.634.0.html

In Armature EditMode everything is handled non-hierarchical, so when
you change a roll the children won't be affected. That's useful for a
precise editing of the rest position.

For im/exporting of data, it is not very useful to use Armature
EditMode as a reference, the conversion from /to this mode is very
nasty.

-Ton-