[Bf-committers] NVidia support: free quadros!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Aug 24 13:45:35 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've met one of the Nvidia tech-support people on Siggraph, and
discussed opportunities to support Blender development. Follow-ups on
this have resulted in:

- we can get early access to driver releases, with developer login to
give feedback and "certify" driver releases. (Todo: who likes to do
this?)

- related to that, we'll get listed here:
   http://www.nvidia.com/page/partner_certified_drivers.html

- best of all: we get a couple (I asked 5, unconfirmed) free Quadro
cards. One of the cards will be for Macs, the others for PCs.

As for the ATIs we got two years ago, I'd like to make a shortlist of
people who are in urgent need for a 3d card upgrade.

I've already added Andrea (PC, Windows) and Jean-Luc (Mac) on that
list. I know Joe Eagar also really suffers a bad 3d card, but he's
using a laptop still (get a PC man!).
Just mail me personal if you'd like to get a free quadro! But note that
active developers really will get a preference...

Thanks,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org