[Bf-committers] Node IPOs

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Sun Aug 20 13:52:02 CEST 2006

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> It's a nice challenge to look instead at a way to have a good
> backwards compatible redesign of the Ipo system, allowing channels to
> be dynamically defined and allowing to animate about everything.
I am taking the liberty to underline this part of Ton's reply as it is
one of the most important things I've read about Blender.

There is just no telling of what a power user that isn't a coder or a
Python coder could do if any variable on the UI could be animated.

I don't know if this would allow control on stuff like the shader used,
the type for a NURBS (poly, bezier...) but if it did I can promise you
an explosion in creativity and surprises like none of us can imagine
right now.

Jean