[Bf-committers] Adding a sharpness flag to EditEdge

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 13 15:17:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

Also discussed this in IRC. :)

The modifier will be a "EdgeSplit" modifier, allowing to split the
connectivity of faces based on either angle (option) or on a flag
(option).
It is a nice extra modeling level tool to have in Blender, also for
exporting.

We have to keep this seperated from the old issue to define "smooth" or
"solid" render in Blender (Phong normal interpolation). The current
per-face option could move to become a per-edge option. This then has
to become a generic built-in feature for meshes, being handled for
drawing and rendering in general, disregarding modifiers used.

If we code that feature, it can use the same new "sharp" flag in edges,
of course.

-Ton-