[Bf-committers] Low-level shaders interface question

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:08:36 CEST 2006

I've been busy with work and school, but I have been slowly but surely
working on the low-level shader nodes.

I'm wondering if there's a preference towards how I integrate them. I
can either create two seperate trees per material, one for diffuse and
one for specular, or one tree that has diffuse and specular outputs. I
could also add a 'unified' toggle to determine if a single shader
tree, or two trees should be used.

Having two trees would allow for better integration with the 'diffuse'
and 'specular' nodes I plan to add to the material nodes, but a single
node allows for re-use of calculations, and would make GLSL nodes
easier to implement in the long run.

Thoughts?