[Bf-committers] Adding a sharpness flag to EditEdge

Geoffrey Bantle hairbat at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 02:01:30 CEST 2006

>Hi,
>I'm trying to add a "user-defined sharp edges"
feature to
>the Autosmooth modifier, and I need to know the best
>way to add a sharpness flag to mesh edges. There's
room
>in the MEdge.flag field for an ME_SHARP flag, so that
seems
>to be ok, but EditEdge seems to handle flags
differently.

>Should I just add a new EditEdge.sharp field? What is
the
>recommended way to do this?

>Thanks,
>Ben Batt (Artificer)

Just adding a 'sharp' field to the EditEdge should be
'ok'. Eventually I think Brecht's work on custom data
per face/edge/vert/face corner may standardize this
sort of thing. For now though, The EditEdge struct
growing by one Byte should be fine.

Cheers,
Geoff Bantle