[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_brush.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/bad_level_call_stubs stubs.c blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern brush.c texture.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c writefile.c blender/source/blender/imbuf IMB_imbuf.h blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern ...

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Thu Aug 3 00:48:05 CEST 2006

Brecht Van Lommel wrote:

>  Log:
>  ImagePaint Refactoring:
>  - ImagePaint now uses ImBuf directly, and the rect blending functions
>    were moved into the imbuf module.
>  - The brush spacing, timing and sampling was abstracted into brush.c, for
>    later reuse in other paint modes.
>
>  Float ImagePaint support.
>
>  Textured Brushes:
>  - Only the first texture channel is used now.
>  - Options for size and offset should be added, but need to find some space
>    in the panel, or add a second one ..

Hi Brecht,
nice to see you're using the hammer where i was scratching with finger
nails.
Well, i'm sure you know what you're doing, but i'd like to cite pink
floyd :'be carefull with the axe eugene'

Humm about 'em texture brushes ...it's like opening pandoras box .. i
know that you know :)
Now with the noodles available users will yell for brushes coming out of
the noodle factory.
Not that it is a bad idea ... but how to communicate that on the UI ?
Further more ( i had that requests with clone brush) scale, rotate!,
offset,  pre_alpha + post _alpha blending ... even make it implicitely
3d aware .. breathe ...breathe deep ... deeper ... shut up.
And .. is it worth pulling functionality that 'should' be available via
verse from gimp 'soon' ?
Or are we going to replace gimp'n fellows in the image edit window?
... i know you (we) can .. but i feel this is a bit loosing blenders
focus <------ out of the stomach statement!

just a few raw thoughts on that
BM