[Bf-committers] Re: CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern brush.c blender/source/blender/include BDR_imagepaint.h blendef.h butspace.h blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_brush_types.h DNA_scene_types.h blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c drawimage.c ...

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Aug 1 16:02:44 CEST 2006

Hey,

Nathan Letwory wrote:
> GHOST itself records the GHOST-system time for each event (which starts at
> 0 from creation of the system, of course). This timestamp could be
> introduced into Blender events, since it can be retrieved through
> GHOST_GetEventTime().

That timestamp is not accurate enough, it is the time at which ghost received the
event, which may differ quite a bit from the time the mouse position was recorded.
Only the OS knows when the mouse position was recorded. I've found that for X11,
XMotionState has a time field, and GetEventTime() can be used on Mac OS X. For
Windows I couldn't find a function yet.

But I will add to code for doing the speed estimate based on the previous n input
events, smoothing out the spacing. That may help getting at least the worst
artifacts
fixed.

Brecht.